New AREA Board. From right to left:
– Former President “International Affairs” mandate – Marco Buoni, ATF, ITALY
– Director – Thanos Biris, Hellas Union, GREECE
– Secretary General – Claire Grossmann
– Director – Stepan Stojanov, CHKT, CZECH REPUBLIC
– Director – Espen Rønning, VKE, NORWAY
– Treasurer – Seamus Kerr, IRI, IRELAND
– President – Coen van de Sande, NVKL, NETHERLANDS
– Vice President – Grzegorz Michalski, KFC, POLAND
AREA 21 Member Countries, represented by 25 respective Associations, finally met in person in Athens – Greece on May 12-13; during the general assembly Coen van de Sande (NVKL – the Netherlands), was elected President; Marco Buoni (ATF – Italy) takes now the position of former president with an international affairs mandate; Grzegorz Michalski (KFCh – Poland) becomes the new vice president; new additions to the Board are Espen Rønning (VKE – Norway) and Stepan Stojanov (CHKT – Czechia); Thanos Biris (Hellas Union – Greece) and Seamus Kerr (IRI – Ireland) maintain their position on the board, while Claire Grossmann is the newly appointed Secretary General.
Established in 1989, AREA represents 25 national associations from 21 countries representing 13,000 companies employing 110,000 people and with an annual turnover approaching €23bn.