UNEP OzonAction invites all interested attendees to join its meeting on “certification schemes for RACHP technicians / companies”, taking place on Wednesday, 13 April 2022, at 11:00-13:00 Paris / CEST time (with English-Russian interpretation).
The event will be streamed via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 871 5773 3307
This meeting is part of the activities of UNEP OzonAction’s Regional Montreal Protocol Network for Europe and Central Asia (ECA network). Simultaneous interpretation English – Russian will be provided. Beside the invited experts, participants include the Montreal Protocol and RACHP experts from ECA / CEIT countries, bilateral partners, partner agencies, secretariats and interested colleagues / experts from other regions.
Following UNEP OzonAction’s introduction, Mr. Arno Kaschl of the European Commission, DG Climate Action, will explain the proposed changes in the EU F-gas regulation, including those related to certification of technicians and companies. They were recently released for public review and comments. Mr. Marco Buoni of AREA / Centro Studi Galileo will provide an update on the voluntary Real Alternatives training and certification scheme on alternative technologies. He will also present the mandatory training and certification schemes in Spain and Netherlands. Ms. Qingrui Huang, UNEP consultant, will explain how to integrate good servicing practices into national technical and vocational education and training (TVET) schemes for refrigeration servicing technicians. The TVET training and certification schemes are voluntary. Finally, Ms. Knarik Yeghiazaryan and Ms. Liana Ghahramanyan of Armenia’s Montreal Protocol Unit, share their approach and lessons from initiating a mandatory certification scheme in Armenia.
The agenda items are:
- Welcome and introductory remarks – Mr. Halvart Koeppen, UNEP OzonAction
- Proposed changes to the EU F-gas regulation including on certification – Mr. Arno Kaschl, European Commission
- Real Alternatives – Voluntary certification of technicians on alternative technologies under Real Alternatives, and mandatory training and certification in Spain and Netherlands – Mr. Marco Buoni, AREA / Centro Studi Galileo
- Integration of good servicing practices into national technical and vocational education and training (TVET) schemes for refrigeration servicing technicians – Ms. Qingrui Huang, Consultant
- Lessons learned from initiating a mandatory certification scheme in Armenia – Ms. Knarik Yeghiazaryan and Ms. Liana Ghahramanyan, Armenia Montreal Protocol Unit